Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/lybecker.com/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
The third and last day at the JAOO conference was the best in regards of the sessions I attended. My day session schedule looked like this:
- “MonoRail: Building Maintainable and Testable Web Applications” by Oren Eini and Hamilton Verissimo
- “Fault Tolerance” by Robert S. Hanmer
- “Performance Art” by Kevlin Henney
- “Applying Craftsmanship” by Pete McBreen
- Panel discussion: “Enterprise Application Frameworks” with Graeme Rocher, Eberhard Wolff, Erik Dörnenburg, Oren Eini, Justin Gehtland, and Alef Arendsen
I have written an abstract of the session “Applying Craftsmanship” by Pete McBreen in a separate blog post, because it deserved it. It made me think (which is a good thing 🙂 ). Read it here.
JAOO 2007 conference summary
I enjoyed the JAOO conference, but was a bit disappointed with the technical level. Again, maybe my expectations were too high? But then again, I will consider coming back next year. That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I won an Apple iPod at an IBM contest. 🙂
Below is a picture of the price I won in the IBM contest.